A natural spirit

A natural spirit
CALM and COMPOSED

Sunday, March 7, 2010

...therefore i love Hoogly

I love Sharmila Tagore
therefore i love West Bengal

and

the symbol contains sickle and the hammer with red background

and

sandesh and rasgulla

and

Aanand Bazaar Patrika

and

Badtalla Street and Sonagachhi

and

the Howrah Bridge

and

the view of Hoogly from the bridge
which looks like a woman i know as Sharmila

(if you take Sharmila's view from the bridge, she looks like Hoogly).
The whirlpools created during storm in the river are as lethal as the dimples created on her cheeks when she smiles.

When she smiles,my heart leaps up and stops breathing.

I die but real living begins after that death.

See,those small boats floating at a distance.

They are her eyes,in fact.

The boats are lifeline of the boatmen.

Same way,her eyes kicks off life within and makes it an occassion.

Jivan se bhari teri aankhe
majboor kare jeene ke lie

The boat-shaped eyes of yours

and

your eyes-shaped boats
keep on floating my dreams

and i don't want to rise.

I envy the Bay of Bengal when i see you rushing towards it with all force,
hugging it
and mingling with it never to be separated.

I go ash in flame of envy
but i never see die.

I believe in reincarnation.

I will reborn as the bay

Then
O Hoogly alias Sharmila!
you will not have to come to me from a long way.

I will come to you rushing
reversing nature's law.

Nothing seems impossible when one is in love.

And i am in love.

Hoogly is Sharmila riverofied.

-RR KIRAN.JOSHI

2 comments:

  1. My My!
    If we could get Sharmila's email id/postal address we could send this to her.Sure,she would love this composition.
    Keep riverising
    F

    ReplyDelete
  2. ravishing composition for ever ravishing sharmila, who is more beautiful? hoogly or her, its difficult to get in to. great KJ, great.

    zahir

    ReplyDelete